Another Mini Book Gift

My husband's best friend turned 50 this past month.  I knew that I needed to make a little something for him to remember the occasion.  I searched through my stash and found the perfect little mini book.  It's the CTMH My Creations 3-ring binder.  It's discontinued now but there are new ones to choose from.


I used some old Lucky paper and stickease and some embellishments from my stash.  I love how well the new Outdoor Denim Chevron Ribbon matches with this.  It added some nice texture to the cover.  I also used a couple of the new mini stamps.  I used the Heartfelt Birthday and the Shooting Star one.  These are great little stamps that are so useful and they only cost $2.95.


I decided to stick with the white pages and just add some background stamping.  I love all of my background and texture stamps.  I have quite a collection of them.  This one is the new Flight of the Arrows set.  I've used it so many times already and still love it.  


I know that it's sometime frustrating to sign a guest book but I really wanted to have a little something from everyone at the party.  I used the CTMH Cricut cartridges to cut out the journalling pieces.  I love that I can match up my stamps with the Cricut cuts.  It makes it so easy.  I had these cute little envelopes that I picked up somewhere and they matched so nicely and I thought they would add some interest.

 
I wanted to try to make each page unique so I grabbed different stamps for each one.  I inked the edges of everything with Desert Sand ink.  I also used Outdoor Denim and Olive inks to keep everything consistent.  


I added in some of the My Stickease from the Victory kit also.  They have very similar colours and go very well with the colours I choose.  


I had some fun playing around with some of the photos in Photoshop.  I found some cool new pen settings that allowed me to create some neat effects on the edges.


I found these fun film strip pens online and spent way too much time playing around with them.  It was a lot of fun though and they turned out pretty cool looking.  I even wrinkled up the photo to try to make it look like it had been around for a while.


I hope you enjoyed my latest project.  If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.  I used so many different stamp sets in this book and I'm happy to look up the names for you if you're interested.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favourite Things April Team Blog Hop

Canadian May/June New Product Blog Hop

Team Brae-er Blog Hop Year >> Noted