Home Decor

I completed this project a little while ago but it took me about a year to get all of the pieces together.  I had this idea for my entry way and I love how it all came together.   
 
 
It basically started with the mirror and then I decided I wanted family portraits but rather than just putting them in a frame I wanted to frame a scrapbooking layout. 
 
 
I wasn't sure what I was going to do in the space above the scrapbook frames initially but thought about plaque mounting our hand prints.   Then I found out you couldn't plaque mount more than one piece of paper so that wasn't going to work.  I ended up finding these frames on clearance at Michael's and they filled the space nicely.  There was quite a bit of trial and error to decide how to make the hand prints and Mitchell ended up with a purple hand for a couple of days.  I finally found that just inking our hands with CTMH ink worked perfectly

 
I found the saying and was planning on cutting it with my Cricut but chickened out because it was so big.  I have a friend who owns a sign company and he cut it for me.  I'm very happy with the final result and would love to hear your comments.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favourite Things April Team Blog Hop

Canadian May/June New Product Blog Hop

Team Brae-er Blog Hop Year >> Noted