I've finally made it back to my blog to try again.  I'm really excited about the recent art work that I've created.  It's very different than what I usually do with my scrapbooks but it's so much fun.  I've had a lot of inspiration which I'm not sure I can accurately relay here.  I signed up for Natalie Kalbach's Creative Jumpstart 2013 this past January and it was amazing.  Hopefully she will do this again next year or maybe even sooner?  There were so many great ideas on these wonderful videos you really should check it out.  You can find it here

http://nathaliesstudio.com/creative-jump-start-summit-2013/

My other inpiration has been Heidi Swapp.  I discovered her on mycraftchannel.com.  I love this site and go to it everyday.  Heidi has a ton of shows that you can watch and be inspired like I was.  You can find her shows here

http://www.mycraftchannel.com/shows/Create-to-Remember-with-Heidi-Swapp/
 
So here is my first project that I created with all of this inspiration.  I hope you like them and I'm more than happy to help by hosting workshops for anyone who is local to Barrie, ON.
 
I found the stand at the Goodwill and thought it might be something I could use.  Turns out it was a perfect fit for a kit I had bought a few years back and never used.  I can't even remember the brand of this kit but it came with 3 sheets of black felt, 3 sheets of acrylic and 3 sheets of cardstock.  So far I have only used 2 sheets of the felt and acrylic and I added 2 8x8 canvas boards I bought at the dollar store.  I still want to add at least one more canvas and maybe another acrylic. 

 
There really isn't a first page, as it is circular, but here is the page I keep on the top. It is a canvas which I applied a couple colours of paint onto with a brayer.  Then I stamped over the entire surface with CTMH White Daisy pigment ink using CTMH's Universal Background musical stamp. Over that is the fleur-de-lis images that I stamped using CTMH's You & Me stamp but this time I used watered down acrylic paint.  I highlighted the fleur-de-lis with some more paint for a shadow effect.
 
 
 
I really love this page for a lot of reasons.  I like the black felt page, it coordinates great with the My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline collection.  I love the  Heidi Swapp chipboard mini memory file that I used to allow me to add a bunch of photos on the inside.  I really like the colours in the Miss Caroline collection and the fact that I could use florals on something for a change. 
 

This next page is the first acrylic one.  I completed the one behind it first so that I could coordinate the acrylic one with that one.  The dots and grid were on the acrylic sheet already.  I kept the elements on this page quite minimal so that you could see through to the next page.  I love the little moustache with is cut using the CTMH Circut Artist cartridge.


This is the second canvas.  This time I used a stencil and some watered down acrylic paint for the background.  I used a stencil that I created with a punch to create the little squares by spraying on some CTMH reinker (in the spray pen).  Then I sprayed a little more over the entire canvas.  Finally I added some stamped images with CTMH's Universal Background handwriting stamp and CTMH's A Journey banner stamp.


This next page is another favourite.  I really like the black felt as a background.  This time I used Teresa Collins' (I love her stuff now too) Vintage Finds.  This is pretty much just from the sticker sheet.

I also added this little chipboard flower from Vintage Finds.  The arrow and bracket are from my CTMH stash.


Here is the back side of one of the felts.  These items are from my stash of stuff that I bought so long ago I don't know what it is or where it came from.  I love this picture of "Poor Howard".  It was taken a few years ago now and I can't believe how well I captured him jumping over the snow bank.

 
This page is the back of one of the canvases.  I used more product from my stash.  This from a line that Kelly Panacci did for Sandy Lion with a little bit of CTMH paper thrown in.  I love the dimension on this one.  It is all stickers so it was really fast to put together.
 
 

 
 
The back of one of the felt pages.  I borrowed this layout from
which was originally a memory file layout.  I used more items from my stash and a few CTMH stamped images.
 

 
This is the back of the other canvas.  I covered it with a  piece of Pink Paisly (Mist)-a-bles paper that I inked with CTMH Clover Meadow.  Then I embellished with more of the CTMH stash including Badge Buttons, Sparkles, Sweetheart epoxy stickers and some Irresistibles Eclectic Die-cuts.  The title background is cut using the CTMH Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge.
 
Check back later this week for another exciting project I created with a ton of Heidi Swapp product. 




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favourite Things April Team Blog Hop

Canadian May/June New Product Blog Hop

Team Brae-er Blog Hop Year >> Noted